Hair graying is the most common problem faced by all these days. My hairs also started graying at very early age.... I think maximum people suffering from this problem, tackle it with Heena. My mother uses Heena and hair dye occasionally for the covering the grey. But I was very skeptical about the use of the Hair dyes and Hair colours which contains loads of ammonia and other chemicals, which one can smell has soon as their packets are open. Hence Heena was the only option left for me, but i didn’t want that orangish reddish colour on my hairs after using heena, coz I dislike that colour. So, I was looking for a herbal heena option which can make my grey hair black. And during my search operation on internet I found this Product online on Amazon.in :
Khadi herbal hair colours dye your hair with pure natural colours. All our herbal hair colours are checked for harmful substances and subjected to regular strict controls in independent and recognized laboratories. Khadi herbal hair colours do not contain preservatives, colour reinforcements, peroxides or general chemicals.
- Indigofera Tinctoria (Indigo) ● Lawsonia Inermis (Henna) ●Emblica Officinalis (Amla)
Directions for Use:
- Wash the hair with a silicon free shampoo. Mix the proper amount of the powder with warm water (50°C) until you get the consistence of yogurt. Leave it to cool down a bit and put on the hair when it is still warm (but not hot). Put on a plastic washing hat and roll a towel around your hair. Leave on the head for 30 minutes to 2 hours. Wash the dye off with warm water. Be patient - the color becomes more intensive in a few days after dyeing, because of the natural process of oxidation.
Price: I bought this online for Rs 220/- for 150g
My experience with Khadi Herbal Hair Color Black:
I ordered the 150 gram packing first for trial. It came in a tin bottle as seen in the image with henna inside a plastic wrap within tin bottle. The price and ingredients are listed on the bottle. Since my hairs are of medium length with medium density I used only half of the product. And also I apply heena to colour all my hairs irrespective of grey or not, hence is used the heena on all my hairs.
As instructed, I mixed the heena in a very hot water and then applied it when it was warm. It took almost 10 minutes to properly mix and remove the lumps and make a paste. The paste smells like natural henna. The beautician that visits my home applied it on my hairs.
As instructed I decided to keep the heena for around 2 hours for better pay off. My beautician instructed me to keep it for good 3 hours as she thought it might not give a good colour if washed early as it is herbal. I felt she was right, but my patience didn’t allow me to keep it for more than 2 hours and hence I washed it after two hours.
The hair colour did fare well. Almost all my hair were colored blackish but not jet black which matches my natural hair colour too. For better colour I think one should keep it for 3 hours or more. Being a Herbal product, the colour pay off was really nice and also it made my hair really soft and bouncy. Coming to its staying power, I shampoo twice or thrice a week and the colour stayed as it is for almost 10 days and then started fading off after 15 days.
Pros of Khadi Herbal Hair Color Black:
· From Trusted Brand in India
· Didn’t cause any allergy (Please perform patch testing before use)
· Gives nice natural black colour
· No chemical smell
Cons of Khadi Herbal Hair Color Black:
· Should be kept for 3 hours or more for nice colour.
· Availability is issue (available only online).
· Applying heena at home is a bit mess.
· Low staying power.
My Rating: 3/5
Bye Take Care......:-)